JOIN US NOW
ALT BEARINGS always looks for top talent ready to tackle innovative and challenging subjects. If you are among people that share genuine passion for Rotary and Linear Motion mechanisms, there may be a fit for you at one of our locations across the world. Please do not hesitate and just candidate below if your profile matches one of our recurrent offered positions.
We often seek experienced or beginner R&D engineers that will be based in the Savoy Region working on our exciting new products and developments.
- Conducting theoretical mechanical analysis.
- Analytical and numerical modelling of the behaviour of the HRBs and related mechanisms.
- Design and built tests benches for HRBs.
- Develop test specifications and design verification experiments
- Document and communicate new innovative ideas and test results.
- Develop advanced calculation tool or modules in relation with our team.
- Perform numerical and analytical calculations on complex client projects.
- Perform finite element modeling at component and system scale using commercial software such as Abaqus.
- Directly support the manufacturing process development initiatives within the company and collaboration with external research institutes /universities for both existing and new products.
- Masters/PhD in Mechanical/Material Science or Engineering.
- Strong ability in modelling, analytics, FEA, materials, metallurgy, and EHD contacts.
- Knowledge on CAD tools (SolidWorks, Creo or equivalent) and drawings.
- Knowledge in computing science and programming skills (MATLAB, C/C++, Python).
- Knowledge in numerical analysis under Abaqus, Ansys, or Patran/Nastran.
- Innovative “out of the box” thinker that gets things done
All over the world
We often look for experienced Application Engineers all over the world to plan and design HRBs products to meet our customer needs.
- Independently manage and grow relationship with OEM and tier customer engineering/technical teams acting as front-line HRB expert.
- Manage and document engineering activities from the start of business opportunity until end of production, including specification phase, prototype phase, industrialization phase, series production phase and warranty phase.
- Actively identify and pursue new HRB business opportunities by understanding customer concerns and evolving needs.
- Work in coordination with product engineering teams to facilitate DFMEA and discuss the same with customer on a specific project or product line.
- Identify and analyze the technical details of customer’s requirements.
- Perform application reviews at bearing and systems levels.
- Propose customized solutions according to customer requirements and present to customer in a clear and effective manner.
- Coordinate activities with the sales organization, contribute to opportunity generation and support the development of value-added solutions.
- Manage and develop the technical customer relationship.
- Effectively interpret, analyze and verify results from application engineering software to create value for customers.
- Participate in the execution of Root Cause Analysis of the customers’ application issues and contribute to the issue resolution.
- Participate and contribute to internal and external trainings, assist with the improvement of training material.
- Represent ALT BEARINGS and our products and services to our customers and institutions through visits, presentations, seminars and industry events.
- Contribute substantially in the development and implementation of customized solutions, customer related projects and other unique offerings and to work with customer, for new development projects.
- A Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in the industry, ideally in bearings or B&R screws design.
- Knowledge in bearing steels and heat treatment selection for bearing applications.
- Ability to project management.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- High amount of initiative.
We often seek experienced/beginner Process Engineers to be based in the Savoy Region working on our advanced manufacturing process and specific tools.
- Meet with production managers to assess existing manufacturing processes.
- Implement innovative process to reduce costs and improve production rates.
- Design and test process upgrades and new process systems.
- Ensure processes comply with safety and quality standards.
- Perform process simulations and troubleshooting issues.
- Perform optimization tests and risk assessments.
- Develop routines and best practices to ensure product quality.
- Monitore upgrades systems.
- Initiate and develop manufacturing process within the company and in collaboration with external research institutes /universities.
- Bachelor/Masters/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical/Material science.
- Strong understanding in analytical and numerical modelling, FEA, materials, metallurgy, tooling and process.
- Good knowledge of ISO G-programming.
- Good skill in automation.
- Ability in root cause analysis.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.